Thursday, February 23, 2012

My Review of Big Agnes Insulated Air Core Mummy Pad - Regular

Originally submitted at REI

This insulated Big Agnes pad is so light you'll never tire of carrying it, and so comfortable you may need an alarm clock!


Nice, but too narrow

By gregnx from Fort Worth, TX on 2/23/2012

 

2out of 5

Pros: Packs Easily, Lightweight, Easy To Inflate, Small / Compact

Cons: Uncomfortable

Best Uses: Backpacking

Describe Yourself: Casual/ Recreational

What Is Your Gear Style: Comfort Driven

Was this a gift?: No

Nice mattress. Inflates easily (see video) in about 2 minutes (20 breaths). Unfortunately I had to return it as I found the 20" width was just too narrow. I sleep on my back most of the time, and my arms kept sliding off of the edges.

With the black side up it's supposed to be cooler, with the red side up the insulation hangs down and provides more thermal insulation.

I ended up needing to remove some of the air in order to be most comfortable. My body never slid off.

I might be able to make the 25" wide version work for me, but trying other 25" mattresses in the store was still not quite wide enough to make me want to try their (more expensive) B.A. 25".

Inflation time lapse

Tags: Air, Mattress, Picture of Product, Neoair, REI, Cabelas, Thermarest, Camping, Made with Product

(legalese)

No comments:

Post a Comment